One of the great highlights of this year for me has been sharing Nadja’s Garden through my stall at the Organic Corner Store market (OCS), held until now on Thursday mornings at the Holdfast Baptist Church on Brighton Rd at Somerton Park. It’s a hotbed of goodness, a hub of real food and quality products and services with the health of ourselves and our planet in mind.
In a very neat piece of social mitosis, the market is about to clone itself and venture off into two new locations:
- Thursday mornings 9-1 at the Glenelg North Community Centre, Kibby Ave, Glenelg North (next to Baden Pattinson Kindergarten and Glenelg North Community Garden, off Tapleys Hill Rd)
- Saturday mornings 9-1 at Bellevue Heights Primary School, Vaucluse Cres, Bellevue Heights (just off Shepherds Hill Rd)
Both locations will offer family-friendly venues with space for children to play, a great variety of stallholders and organic/ fair trade / healthy, sustainable products, all washed down with Paul’s great coffee and hot chocolate from Great Relish Nomadic Cafe! The Glenelg North site is conveniently located on a bike route, with a handy fence for bike parking while you shop and relax.
As for Nadja’s Garden, my seed selection is packed with organically produced spring and summer goodies, including a few newies to try in your garden… quinoa, chia, mixed chook fodder, amaranth, and a gazillion varieties of tomato and lettuce for summer salads. There’s free food growing advice on the spot, information on upcoming workshops, and you can book a home garden design consultation or some friendly coaching as you get your kitchen garden established. Vouchers are available, and market members receive 10% off all services purchased or booked at my market stall. Plus an opening special at Bellevue Heights: buy any gardening book and receive a free seed pack of your choice.
I’ll be at the Glenelg North market every fortnight and Bellevue Heights once a month (the last Saturday), but during the moving phase it’s all systems go… here are my upcoming dates:
- OCS Bellevue Heights – Saturday 31st August, then monthly…
- OCS Somerton Park – Thursday 5th September
- OCS Glenelg North – Thursday 12th September
- OCS Glenelg North – Thursday 19th September, then fortnightly…
Looking forward to seeing you there! And hey, if I’m chatting to another customer or friend, please DO come up and see me anyway – or phone me on 0410 636 857 when you have time. Cheers!