Adelaide. Autumn. 38 degrees again next week. Planting? Not on your nelly.
What to do instead?
- Put the drip irrigation on to keep the garden alive
- Cover up the more sensitive plants
- Get inside, get as naked as possible and eat an ice block
- Browse winter recipes and dream of cooler weather
- Write a list of all the vegies for those winter recipes
- Plan where to plant them – remember to rotate crops
- Order seeds so you’ll be ready to go
- Make a list of garden jobs for when the weather cools off
- Turn off the drippers (if you don’t have a timer)
- Have a nap